Tuesday 24 January 2017

Repeat Patterns - Studio 54 inspired

After researching Studio 54 as a trend I noticed its very popular to clash bright colours and patterns for a typical Studio 54 outfit, considering this I knew I  wanted to link patterns to my Creative concept so i thought it would be useful to create my own pattern. I firstly created a collage in my sketchbook using the most common colours wore in Studio 54, aswell as including animal print and making my own abstract zebra style print. I used a variety of shapes and created this:

All my own designs and images

Original collage created in sketchbook using coloured card, magazine pages, tissue page:

 I then repeated the original collage on photoshop to create this.  


For this one i repeated it 4 times to still make it busy but not as full on as the one above.


I also changed and filled in the colours to make it more vibrant and to fit my theme better. Im really happy with how they turned out, especially as they're all my own work.

Final moodboard using a collage pattern: 

\
I then used the collage as a background for one of my final moodboards for my report. I found by fading it, it looked more like a background rather than the main stand out image.

Thank you for reading

Charlotte

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Style Saunders | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig